Work with us
What Trinity Is
Trinity College London is an international exam board with a rich cultural heritage and a positive, supportive approach to assessment and development. What sets us apart is our focus on the learner and our strong reputation for innovation and achievement based on the delivery of flexible styles of teaching and learning. We provide recognised and respected qualifications in the range of communications-based subjects, including the English language, communication skills, music and drama. Our exams and assessments are designed to help learners fulfil their own individual talents and abilities.
Today, we deliver assessments to over 850,000 candidates each year worldwide. Our international network is expanding quickly, and we now provide qualifications in over 60 countries around the world. All of Trinity’s qualifications in Music and English language focus on the assessment and development of communicative and performance skills and the skills required for life in the 21st century. In order to foster such skills we provide teacher support which is at the heart of what Trinity does both in terms of specific support to teachers preparing their students for Trinity exams and in Continuous Professional Development.
Our areas of work in Italy
The Italian Support Team, which works under the direction of the Italian Co-ordinator for Trinity activities, enables schools, teachers and students who want to take a Trinity Language or Music exam to have a great customer experience through a face to face and online comprehensive support programme which includes, but is not limited to: presentations, workshops, webinars, online courses, support visits and calls.
MUSIC ACADEMIC AND TEACHER TRAINER EXPERT
The Academic Lead for Music will be responsible for leading the development of Trinity’s support programme for music teachers and learners in Italy. The role will involve developing and delivering training content for teachers, with a focus on instrumental music pedagogy and practice; running online and face-to-face teacher training; leading the development and provision of support for teachers and learners taking Trinity College London’s music exams in Italy; leading a major academic research programme within a Pilot project carried out in cooperation with the "Comitato per l'apprendimento pratico della musica per tutti" at the Ministry of Education.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required for the role
- Knowledge of music education and music performance systems in Italy
- Experience of leading music teacher training and / or professional development, and devising music teacher training courses
- Music teaching (instrumental and/or classroom) experience
- Understanding and experience of instrumental teaching pedagogies
- Experience in developing schemes of work, resources or other teaching materials
- Understanding of evaluating and assessing progress in music learning
- Experience of leading musically interactive, highly engaging professional development workshops
- Experience of presenting at conferences, particularly at education, music education and research conferences
- Experience in designing and conducting academic research
- Undergraduate degree, preferably music, music technology or music related
- Post-graduate degree – musicology or music pedagogy, or teacher education
- English speaking level at B2 of the CEFR
- PhD – music related
SUPPORT TEAM MEMBER FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE
We are looking for a range of self employed professionals with Italian P.IVA to work as consultants with the Italian Support team in order to prepare and deliver workshops and write materials for online and face to face teacher training for teachers of English who are preparing for Trinity exams. Teacher training experience, English native speaker competence or C1 of CEFR are required.
SUPPORT TEAM MEMBER FOR MUSIC
We are looking for a range of self employed professionals with Italian P.IVA to work as consultants who want to join the Italian Support team in order to prepare and deliver workshops and write materials for online and face to face teacher training for teachers of Music who are preparing for Trinity exams. Teacher training experience and English at B2 level are required.
Working with Trinity in the UK trinitycollege.com